Here’s a recipe I just made to rave reviews.
Totally Awesome Chocolate Balls!
- 1 cup pecans (plus 1/2 cup, separate)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Start by placing 1/2 cup pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Put in a bowl and set aside
- Place remaining pecans, pitted dates, almond butter, cocoa powder and salt in the food processor and mix until the consistency of dough. If necessary, add a little more almond butter
- Shape the dough into balls (1 inch in diameter) and roll in chopped pecans
- Refrigerate (they freeze well too)
- Makes 15 to 20 balls.